The status of Python and SOAP?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Oct 24 16:37:44 EDT 2006

Thomas W wrote:
> I'm going to give a presentation of python to my co-workers at a very
> pro-microsoft workplace. Almost everything we need is currently
> supported by the standard distro + the win32all package, but we also
> need support for SOAP. I've tried SOAPpy ( didn't get it to compile,
> needed a library from a dead site ) and a few others, but I cannot help
> the feeling that SOAP isn't very high on the list of priorities in the
> python community. I hope I'm wrong.

The Debian and Ubuntu repositories are quite good at providing complete
source packages, even when the original package is incomplete and
points you to non-existent or no-longer-existent Web sites. See this
page for some leads:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python-soappy

(I guess that you're talking about fpconst.)

Good luck with the presentation!

Paul