Python component model

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Fri Oct 13 07:23:52 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

>>> Aw, come on.  The Python web programming standardisation wars are over, for now.
>>> There's Django, and there's TurboGears,
>> And there's Pylons...
>
> and a zillion other more or less interesting research projects.

I don't think Pylons qualifies as a "research project". FWIW, I
mentionned it because, while (yet) less "buzzworded" than Django and TG,
it's really in the same category - but using the wsgi stack approach
instead of the monolithic one. And MHO is that it could really become
the next big thing in Python's web programming ecosystem.

> I don't see any traces
> of the kind of ecosystems and market awareness that exist for Zope, Django, and
> TurboGears (or for that matter, Rails and Mason), for any other Python web pro-
> gramming tool.

Yes, true.

--
bruno desthuilliers