Python component model

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Wed Oct 11 23:08:12 EDT 2006

Peter Decker wrote:
> On 11 Oct 2006 18:56:30 -0700, Ilias Lazaridis <ilias at lazaridis.com> wrote:
>
> > yes, an interesting tool.
> >
> > But to get more attention and developers, the project needs to be
> > polished.
> >
> > really unattractive resources:
> >
> > http://dabodev.com
> > http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/DaboAudit
>
> Well, then, why not contribute? Or are you waiting for everyone else
> to do it for you?

I've contributed already (my contructive criticism).

It's up to the team to react.

> It really grinds my gears when people take something that involves
> hundreds if not thousands of hours of time that is offered to them for
> free, and then nitpicks on something completely tangential. If you

project infrastructure is not tangential.

It's essential

> want a polished website, then offer to contribute one!

Terrible this open source folks.

One cannot say one word without beeing asked to contribute.

> Don't whine
> about a couple of developers who are doing amazing things in their

doing amazing things is not enouth to bring a language-community
forward (or to create a python component model, which is the topic of
this thread)

> spare time while you're contributing absolutely nothing to the
> community.

I share the infrastructure which I use:

http://dev.lazaridis.com/base

.