Change on file

Fulvio fulvio at tm.net.my
Wed Oct 25 03:52:15 EDT 2006

***********************
Your mail has been scanned by InterScan MSS.
***********************

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 20:22, Alan Franzoni wrote:
> it could put the system under severe workload.

Thank you for the enlightment :-)
In my case it's meant to check a couple of files, but no more than 10 Mbytes.
The most purpose is to find differences since last check. I suppose it's a
good way, as other programs using CRC as comparison between file, better than
byte-to-byte diff. Also CD images and big files download are giving a MD5
check.
My point stand as platform indipendent solution and won't take extra fancy
modules which aren't part of python package itself. I'll look at SVF and
timestamp options. I'm less actracted by the idea of 'stat' on the file, Now
I'm on linux and I've some doubt about win32 options.

PS. C'e' la MList per iclp?