php and python: how to unpickle using PHP?

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at
Mon Oct 2 23:44:26 CEST 2006

Ted Zeng wrote:
> Hi,
> I store some test results into a database after I use python
> To pickle them (say, misfiles=['file1','file2'])
> Now I want to display the result on a web page which uses PHP.
> How could the web page unpickle the results and display them?
> Is there a PHP routine that can do unpickle ?
> Ted zeng

Pickle is Python specific.
You may be able to write something that can unpickle
the basic datatypes but I wouldn't bother with it.

Try to find a language neutral marshaling format
(yaml? xml? whatever) and access that from both Python and PHP...