Block Structure Parsing

Blacktiger blktiger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 22:39:18 EDT 2006

Hi all, I'm new to this list because I had a question about parsing
python block structure. I am taking a programming languages course
this semester and for our final project we are writing an interperator
in scheme(awful language) for whatever language that we want. The
language that I want to do is one I have been designing for a little
while and it shares some syntactic features of Python; most notably
the block structure.

We are using SLLGEN which is able to parse LL(1) grammars and its
lexical scanner can parse regular expressions. I can't seem to think
of a way to put this kind of block structure into a regualr expression
so I am currently thinking of writing my own scanner to replace blocks
with indent/dedent tokens before calling SLLGEN.

Thanks in adv,
Michael Martz
--
Concentrate on the solution, not the problem.
http://www.ku.edu/~fencing