Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 4 19:02:56 EDT 2006

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Giovanni Bajo schrieb:
> > It is an extremely bad picture for an open source flag like Python
> > to go to a vendor for such an easy requirement as a bug database.
>
> You fail to recognize that Python is *already* using a non-free software
> for bug tracking, as do thousands of other projects. So from that point
> of view, the status wouldn't change.

The whole point of moving *from* SF *to* another bug tracker is to
improve the situation, surely.

You already seem to acknowledge that using free-software tools to
develop Python is desirable. I don't see why you're being so obtuse in
this sub-thread on *why* it's desirable.

--
 \       "The Stones, I love the Stones; I can't believe they're still |
  `\      doing it after all these years. I watch them whenever I can: |