Signals and threads again

Mitko Haralanov mitko at qlogic.com
Fri Oct 13 19:11:31 EDT 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:37:46 -0700
Mitko Haralanov <mitko at qlogic.com> wrote:

> The problem that I am experiencing is that when SIGINT is sent to the
> program, it gets delivered to the child processes (the fork'ed ones)
> but the main thread's signal handler is never invoked.
>
> I know that Python masks signals in threads but they should be fine in
> the main thread and that is where they should get delivered.

OK. I did an experiment where instead of creating a spinning thread, I
just call that function. Now, the signal gets delivered to the main
program thread but it sill get delivered to the child processes, as
well.

Why are those signals going there?? It's driving me crazy!

Mitko Haralanov					 mitko at qlogic.com
Senior Software Engineer			     650.934.8064
System Interconnect Group		    http://www.qlogic.com