How can I correct an error in an old post?

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 4 10:35:39 EDT 2006

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:36:24 +0100, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Jorgen Grahn wrote:
>> On 1 Oct 2006 10:18:59 -0700, barakad at gmail.com <barakad at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>and I wish to add my findings to the post, to prevent others from
>>>taking the wrong path.
>> In Usenet terms, make a posting with a References: header which mentions the
>> Message-ID of the bad posting (just like this posting references yours, if
>> you look closely at the headers).  That's easier if the posting hasn't
>> already expired on your server, but by no means impossible if it has.
>>
>> /Jorgen
>>
> Since this message was never on topic,

I disagree; it was a technical question on how to handle a discussion in
this newsgroup, and IMHO that is always on topic -- to a certain point.

> I'd appreciate it if all
> concerned would close this thread now.

I think you are overreacting. This was a thread with three (3) postings, in
a high-volume newsgroup, with no indication that it would continue (except
maybe with a pointer to whatever posting the OP wanted to correct, or to his
correction).

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!