Experiences with Py2Exe

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Oct 12 01:43:25 EDT 2006

Antoine De Groote <antoine at vo.lu> writes:

> Isaac Rodriguez wrote:
> > Do you have a specific reason for using Inno Setup and not a
> > Windows Installer based setup?
>
> The main reason for using Inno Setup is that it is free. Then I
> quickly saw that it is powerful and easy to use. And I don't like
> Microsoft too much in general, and that's also one of the reasons
> why I preferred to stay away from MSI...

To clarify, Inno Setup is released under a free-software license:

    <URL:http://www.jrsoftware.org/files/is/license.txt>

which makes it a better bet than non-free software as infrastructure
to build upon.

--
 \        "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without |
  `\                                    result."  -- Winston Churchill |