Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Oct 5 02:33:43 EDT 2006

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:

> And I'd prefer it if you'd drop this subject. So, if you have
> nothing new to say, kindly leave it.

I'm happy to, but:

> You appear to be prepared to go to any length short of providing
> effort to support the open source tracker.

This was addressed in a previous post. I don't have the skills nor the
resources to do this. Yes, as has been pointed out, it actually *is*
far less effort to point out problems, than to solve them. That
doesn't detract from the value of pointing out problems.

This thread was started on the shock of realising that a non-free tool
was even being *considered* for the new Python bug tracker. Those are
the terms on which I've been arguing.

Apparently there are some people who *have* put themselves forward to
support a free-software tool. Great! My point all along has been that
Python's developers are well advised to consider *only* free-software
tools for supporting development of Python, and that from among those
the best tool for the job should be chosen.

As you say, nothing new has been said now for a while, so in the
absence of that I'm happy to leave it here.

--
 \        "Why, I'd horse-whip you if I had a horse."  -- Groucho Marx |
Ben Finney