Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Oct 4 09:29:32 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>

>>But sadly people are much happier complaining on c.l.py than exerting
>>themselves to support the community with an open source issue tracker.
>

> you're not on the infrastructure list, I hear.  python.org could still need a
> few more roundup volunteers, but it's not like nobody's prepared to con-
> tribute manhours.  don't underestimate the community.

No, I'm not on the infrastructure list, but I know that capable people
*are*: and you know I am quite capable of donating my time to the cause,
when I have it to spare (and sometimes even when I don't).

Perhaps what I *should* have written was "Sadly *many* people spend too
much time bitching and moaning about those that roll their sleeves up,
and not enough rolling their own sleeves up and pitching in".

Sniping from the sidelines is far easier than hard work towards a goal.

Kindly note that none of the above remarks apply to you.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119