doesNotUnderstand?

Liquid Snake liquidsnk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 20:15:17 EDT 2006

Hello :). Some days ago i went to a seminar about Metaprograming and
Reflection.
I was a little famirialized with the subject, and wanted to explore it
further.
The seminar was great, but the point is that every example was programmed in
smalltalk.
I know smalltalk, and never have much use for the doesNotUnderstand method
until the guys at the conference open my eyes with some examples.
Altough i have applied concepts of reflection in python many times, i think
i't will be nice to have a magic method that works like doesNotUnderstand
for some purposes.
The reason i'm writing is because i want to know if such method already
exists... or maybe... if you think having one it's a good/possible idea.

Right now... im thinkng i really can emulate that behavior using
Exceptions..., and i really think that's what SmallTalk kind of do
under-the-hood (dont flame me if i'm terribly worng plz).
But i still want to know if theres a method like __insertMethodNameHere__
that does it for me... or if you think it's a nice thing to have...

i'm REALLY SORRY for my REALLY BAD English... so..., don't hate me please..
And I'm sorry if this question wasted your time.

Thanks anyway..

liquid ^.^