Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialUAZ###UZ#$AAtone at gWARAmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:40:34 EDT 2006

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> As I understood B.C.'s announcement, that was one of the judging criteria,
> and the plan is for PSF to get a daily backup dump of the data.

This had nothing to do with the choice of not using Trac or Launchpad.

Quoting Brett Cannon from the original mail:
""
As for Trac and Launchpad, both had fundamental issues that led to them
not being chosen in the end.  Most of the considerations had to do with
customization or UI problems.
""

So clearly the 'get a daily backup of the data' is not the reason.
Backing up a sqlite database is pretty easy.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now Running MacOSX 10.4