Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Oct 3 22:12:05 EDT 2006

Paul Rubin wrote:
> "Istvan Albert" <istvan.albert at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>But this will definitely not happen over a short period of time and
>>even in the worst case scenario there will be a few years in which the
>>development can take place in an awesome environment. I've looked at
>>the JIRA demo, and wow, it really seems like an amazingly cool way to
>>do software development.
>

> Well, what's so cool about it?  Most large free software projects seem
> to use Bugzilla.  I'd never looked at the Bugzilla code but from
> descriptions here it now sounds like the situation with CVS as of a
> few years ago.  Maybe it's time for a rewrite/replacement, a la
> darcs/SVN/whatever.

Please feel free to go right ahead. Should be ready n a month or twelve ...

Like others I have my doubts about using commercial products to support
open source development but the guys who did the evaluation have chosen,
and I'm not about to second guess them.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119