Python component model

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:14:47 EDT 2006

> > Why not propose something. That is the easiest way to get things moving.
>
> How does one do that ? Propose something here on this NG or is there
> some other official way ?

I'm by no means an expert here but the usual procedure as far as I can
see is this:

1. propose something here and get people excited so that they discuss
it inside out
2. taking into account the discussion formulate a new/modified proposal
3. more discussion follows most probably
4. a more formal proposal can be sent to python-dev
5. more discusssion there
6. the result of all these discussions can be that people encourage
you to write a PEP, this is probably the most important stage, please
see http://www.python.org/dev/peps/ and
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/
7. once you are successful in writing a PEP just submit it and wait
for acceptance/rejection

HTH,
Daniel