ANN compiler2 : Produce bytecode from Python 2.5 Abstract Syntax Trees

nnorwitz at gmail.com nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 04:12:17 EDT 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> >> Let me second this. The compiler package is largely unmaintained and
> >> was known to be broken (and perhaps still is). A replacement
> >> implementation, especially if it comes with a new maintainer, would
> >> be welcome.
>
> Many of these are fixed, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are
> still bugs remaining.

There's no maybe about it.  http://python.org/sf/1544277
There were also problems with the global statement and something with
keyword args.  Though, both of those may have been fixed.  Georg would
probably remember, I think he fixed at least one of them.

It's definitely broken unless someone fixed it when I wasn't looking.
:-)

I agree with Martin, a new maintainer would be nice.  I plan to look at
compiler2 when I get a chance.