COM Error -- Urgent help

Teja tejovathi.p at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 05:43:33 EDT 2006

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Teja wrote:
>

> > Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> >> On 17 Oct 2006 00:58:59 -0700, "Teja" <tejovathi.p at gmail.com> declaimed
> >> the following in comp.lang.python:

> >> That can not be the REAL code... I'd expect a syntax error... You
> >> have mismatched parens on that line!
> >> --
> >> Wulfraed     Dennis Lee Bieber               KD6MOG
> >> wlfraed at ix.netcom.com                wulfraed at bestiaria.com
> >> HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
> >> (Bestiaria Support Staff:            web-asst at bestiaria.com)
> >> HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ya its a copy paste error... But can u please let me know what is the
> > reason for attribute error and how to rectify it??
>
> How many times need you a beating with a clue-stick?
>
> Post the _actual_ code, not something that closely resembles it - in _your_
> opinion....
>
> Post the error message!!!!
>
> And before you do all this, read:

> Diez

OK Ok .. Here is the final code thats giving an error:

GenericFunctions.py
----------------------------------

import win32com.client, pythoncom, thread
ie=win32com.client.Dispatch('internetexplorer.application')
ie.Visible=1

class GenericFunctions:
    def __init__(self):
        print "In Constructor of Generic Functions"
    def MyNavigate(self,dest):
        ie.Navigate(dest)
MainThread.py
--------------------------

import win32com.client, pythoncom, thread
from GenericFunctions import *
obj = GenericFunctions()
import sys,traceback

def threadFunction(s,dest):
    pythoncom.CoInitialize()
    try:
        d=pythoncom.CoGetInterfaceAndReleaseStream(s,
pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
        my_ie=win32com.client.Dispatch(d)
        #d.MyNavigate(dest)
        obj.MyNavigate(dest)          # this is gving an error.
    except:
        my_ie = None
        print traceback.print_exc(file= sys.stdout)
    pythoncom.CoUninitialize()

if __name__ == "__main__":

s=pythoncom.CoMarshalInterThreadInterfaceInStream(pythoncom.IID_IDispatch,ie)

    thread.start_new_thread(threadFunction, (s,'www.google.com'))

And here is the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\dzxbrn\Desktop\Stop Test\13
Oct\MainThread.py", line 13, in threadFunction
    obj.MyNavigate(dest)          # this is gving an error.
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\dzxbrn\Desktop\Stop Test\13
Oct\GenericFunctions.py", line 9, in MyNavigate
    ie.Navigate(dest)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line
489, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, "%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: internetexplorer.application.Navigate
None

This is highly urgent and important... Please help me out....

Thnks & Regards,
Tejovathi.P