Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:31:47 EDT 2006

Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> I understand your point. OTOH, exactly because the tracker system is a far
> lesser importance, it's amazing there is *ever* a need to evaluate non-FLOSS
> solutions, when there are so many good free solutions around. Instead of

I think you are missing the point. Switching to a different tracker is
not such a big deal. Having a really good tracker is a big deal.

Trackers are all about usability.

Alas most open source projects suck at that while excel in
implementation and performance.

FWIW I'd rather have the PSF even pay for good quality tracker since
that benefits everyone rather than funding some obscure project that
only 1% of the programmers will use/heard of.

Istvan