The fastest search

Fulvio fulvio at tm.net.my
Sat Oct 21 10:15:50 EDT 2006

***********************
Your mail has been scanned by InterScan MSS.
***********************

On Saturday 21 October 2006 19:09, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> So for searches that succeed, dicts are much faster than lists.

Very precious advice. Thank you, indeed. The lesson was good :-)

I'd only like to know if "List.index(vars)" has the same performance than
 "vars in List" or even it's the same thing.
But, so far I still have my own question about that the search goes on the
key's name rather then its paired value. In fact, in my actual case the value
doesn't make any use.
However the search goes on a few hundred email ID, the difference is less than
a jiffy :-)