Change on file

Alan Franzoni alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Oct 24 08:22:15 EDT 2006

Il Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:47:43 +0800, Fulvio ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> I was thinking about use md5 check to se if a file had changes since last
> check. Am I correct?
> Is there any other light method?

It's OK, but if you have a lot of files to check and they're large, and
changes frequent, it could put the system under severe workload.

If you just need to know if a file has changed, you can check via
date/time, or if you don't trust somebody who's got access to it (because
he could have manually altered the datetime) you could go for a simpler
algorithm, like sfv.

--
Alan Franzoni <alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com>
-