Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Oct 6 07:24:48 EDT 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> For whatever reason, the SF bug tracker is often down, or not
> responding. I'm uncertain why that is, but it's a matter of
> fact that this was one of the driving forces in moving away
> from SF (so it is a real problem).

As I asked before, did anyone look into asking large-scale users of the
various considered products about their experiences with regard to
reliability, scalability, and so on? Obviously, SourceForge is a
special case since it's a closed service with a code base divergent
from the last open source release (and possibly from commercial
deployments of the code), whereas the other contenders except for
Launchpad, along with non-considered but widely-deployed products,
presumably contribute to a certain amount of public experience that can
be drawn upon.

Paul