Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Steve Holden steve at
Wed Oct 4 16:23:25 CEST 2006

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone wrote:
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy at> wrote:
>>As I understood B.C.'s announcement, that was one of the judging criteria,
>>and the plan is for PSF to get a daily backup dump of the data.
> This had nothing to do with the choice of not using Trac or Launchpad.
> Quoting Brett Cannon from the original mail:
> ""
> As for Trac and Launchpad, both had fundamental issues that led to them
> not being chosen in the end.  Most of the considerations had to do with
> customization or UI problems.
> ""
> So clearly the 'get a daily backup of the data' is not the reason.
> Backing up a sqlite database is pretty easy.
Do you have any idea fo the scale of the Python issue (bug) database? Do
you really think SQLite would be a suitable platform for it?

Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd
Skype: holdenweb
Recent Ramblings