A Universe Set

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 17 04:56:59 EDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:21:11 -0500, skip at pobox.com <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

      [me]
>     >> - the wildcard object, which compares equal to everything else

      [Paul]
>     Paul> class MatchAny(object):
>     Paul>     def __cmp__(self,other):
>     Paul>         return 0
>
>     Paul> wild = MatchAny()

FWIW, I define __eq__ in the one I (infrequently) use.

> You're at the mercy of the comparison machinery implemented by individual
> classes.  Executing this script (using any of Python 2.3 through what's
> currently in the SVN repository):

Oh. /Is/ there a way of making it work, then?  If we ignore the problems
with having such objects in the first place, that is.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!