Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Giovanni Bajo noway at sorry.com
Wed Oct 4 03:43:21 EDT 2006

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

>> ... using a non open source tracker (called JIRA - never heard
>> before of course) for Python itself.
>
> Other projects do use it; see
> <http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheJira> for a partial list, and a
> link to the Apache Software Foundation's issue trackers.

which, in my humble opinion, is just a list of other examples of projects which
are misguided. People seem to have no idea when a company is sold, when a CEO
is changed, or something like that. Hhistory's repeating, but hackers are not
learning.

>> Does this smell "Bitkeeper fiasco" to anyone else than me?
>
> The committee did expect this recommendation to be controversial.  :)

I guess :)

In fact, I have a deepest hope that this recommendation was just a fake just to
get people setup a roundup installation...
--
Giovanni Bajo