Simple problem with GUI!!

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Oct 27 05:17:20 EDT 2006

"mohan" wrote:

> At the end I had to close down my entire python compiler. I am using
> Python compiler with following specs in Windows XP OS.
>
> Pythonwin - Python IDE and GUI Framework for Windows.
> PythonWin 2.2.1 (#34, Feb 25 2003, 11:29:09) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
> win32.
> Portions Copyright 1994-2001 Mark Hammond
>
> Please let me know why is this happening and also if I am missing
> something in the way of programming.

the PythonWin IDE doesn't work properly when you're running programs that
does their own Windows event handling.  this is a problem with PythonWin, not
with Tkinter or your program.  to solve this, you can either

1) check if you can make PythonWin run the program in a separate process

2) explicitly run the program in its own process (using "python.exe" or "pythonw.exe"),
   from the command line.

3) switch to an IDE that runs Python code in a separate process (such as IDLE,
   Wing, and most other modern IDE:s).

</F>