What's the best IDE?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Oct 26 18:59:53 EDT 2006

Harry George <harry.g.george at boeing.com> writes:

> John Salerno <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> writes:
> > Yeah, it was all the customizing that I could never figure out.
>
> years ago this worked for people I was supporting:
>  set softtabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 expandtab

That's all I've ever needed vim to do with my Python code (apart from
the syntax highlighting, which works by default when I've tried it).

> Personally, I'm an emacs guy, so I wouldn't know.

Should I start another thread about python-mode and how annoying it is?

--
 \          "If you get invited to your first orgy, don't just show up |
  `\             nude. That's a common mistake. You have to let nudity |