Sockets in python

Christophe chris.cavalaria at free.fr
Tue Oct 3 04:13:49 EDT 2006

OneMustFall a écrit :

>> What's your set-up and which cord are you pulling?
>>

> Well i now i think the clue is in the OS, i have sniffed and it seems
> that Twisted have no magic.
> It is seems that i simply tested things in a wrong way -
> when i pulled cord from ethernet card windows determined that network
> lost and started to closing all sockets opened to that network (and so
> EINVAL or other OS error raised when twisted tryed to read wrom that
> socket),
> while the server did had a network - and it was right thing that server
> was thinking that socket is alive.

Stupid Windows behaviour btw! I hate that, it makes testing code
stability for temporary network lags much much harder to do.

And don't get me started on when we reboot the switch which causes all
open sockets on my computer to fail, even though the reboot only takes a
few seconds and though the internet connection doesn't change.