PyXML not supported, what to use next?

uche.ogbuji at gmail.com uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 13:45:30 EDT 2006

Paul Watson wrote:
> It would appear that xml.dom.minidom or xml.sax.* might be the best
> thing to use since PyXML is going without support.  Best of all it is
> included in the base Python distribution, so no addition hunting required.

FWIW, easy_install [1] is making things so that more and more
installing stuff is not much additional burden.  I'll admit that I've
hardly found easy_install to be problem-free, but since it seems to be
the wave of the future (and a welcome wave at that) I've pushed for
support in recent versions of the XML tools I co-develop: 4Suite [2]
and Amara [3].  For many people these are now very easy to install.
This is the case for some other third-party XML tools as well.

[1] http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
[2] http://4suite.org/
[3] http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4suite/amara/

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com