The format of filename

Neil Cerutti horpner at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 11:23:23 EDT 2006

On 2006-10-24, Neil Cerutti <horpner at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Is translation of '/' to '\\' a feature of Windows or Python?
>
> Well, *that* was easy to discover on my own. ;-)
>
> Thanks for the pointers.

Some experimentation shows that Python does seem to provide
*some* translation. Windows lets me use '/' as a path separator,
but not as the name of the root of a partition name. But perhaps
this a peculiarity of the commands themselves, and not of Windows
path names in particular.

  C:\PYTHON24>CD /
  The syntax of the command is incorrect.

  C:\PYTHON24>CD \
  C:\>EDIT /PYTHON24/README
  The syntax of the command is incorrect.

--
Neil Cerutti
The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on