a little about regex

Fulvio fulvio at tm.net.my
Wed Oct 18 09:54:02 EDT 2006

***********************
Your mail has been scanned by InterScan MSS.
***********************

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 16:43, Rob Wolfe wrote:

> |def filter(adr):    # note that "filter" is a builtin function also
> |    import re

I didn't know it, but my function _is_  starting by underscore (a bit of
localization :) )

> |    allow = re.compile(r'.*(?<!\.com)\.my(>|$)')  # negative lookbehind
> |    deny = re.compile(r'.*\.com\.my(>|$)')

Great,  it works perfectly. I found my errors.
I didn't use r ahead of the patterns and i was close to the 'allow' pattern
but didn't give positive result and KregexEditor reported wrong way. This
specially because of '<' inside the stream. I thing that is not a normal
regex input. It's only python valid. Am I right?

More details are the previous thread.