Looking for a Python-on-Windows person to help with SpamBayes

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 23 13:52:35 EDT 2006

I'm looking for some help with SpamBayes.  It can be short-term or
long-term.  I've implemented some OCR capability based on the open source
ocrad program that works reasonably well to extract text tokens from
image-based spam.  Alas, I don't use Windows at all, so I can't make sure
this stuff works on Windows.  None of the usual suspects in the SpamBayes
development community have any free time at the moment.  Others are helping
out, but they are user types, not programmer types, so the round trip
between "this doesn't work", to "okay, try this" and back again is
agonizingly slow.

The bare requirements are:

    * Able to program in Python on Windows (that is, remove my Unix-think
      from the OCR bits of code)

    * Use Outlook to read mail (so you can test the changes with the
      SpamBayes Outlook plugin)

If you can compile software under cygwin (the ocrad program builds fine
under cygwin) and/or can create installers for Python-based Windows apps
that would be a plus.

If you can help out, please drop an email to spambayes-dev at python.org.

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/
"The hippies and the hipsters did some great stuff in the sixties,