How can I correct an error in an old post?

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Mon Oct 2 11:26:48 EDT 2006

On 1 Oct 2006 10:18:59 -0700, barakad at gmail.com <barakad at gmail.com> wrote:
> and I wish to add my findings to the post, to prevent others from
> taking the wrong path.

> When I tried to replay to the post I received a reject message stating
> that it is impossible to replay to the topic since it is old and was
> closed by a manager.

That's through the Google Groups Usenet interface, right? Because on Usenet,
that's misleading at best -- we have no managers, and noone can "close a
topic". (It's alright for them to add this extra limitation, of course.)

> The question is how can I add this correction?

In Usenet terms, make a posting with a References: header which mentions the
Message-ID of the bad posting (just like this posting references yours, if
you look closely at the headers).  That's easier if the posting hasn't
already expired on your server, but by no means impossible if it has.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!