A py2exe like tool for Linux

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 24 08:40:22 EDT 2006

"Paolo Pantaleo" <paolopantaleo at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is thre something like py2exe for Linux? I don't need to build a
> standalone executable (most Linuxes have python instaled), but at
> least I need to provide all the needed libraries togheter with my
> source code, so users just need to download one file, and not several
> libraries.

Users of GNU/Linux expect, for the most part, to use their package
manager to install software. so you want something that will turn your
package into a package easily installed that way.

Fortunately, 'setuptools' has a 'bdist_rpm' target. (Search for
"Creating System Packages".)

    <URL:http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools>

--
 \      "You've got to think about big things while you're doing small |
  `\              things, so that all the small things go in the right |