Tkinter--does anyone use it for sophisticated GUI development?

Jani Hakala jahakala at iki.fi
Sat Oct 21 13:21:36 EDT 2006

Kevin Walzer <kw at kevin-walzer.com> writes:

> For instance, I've developed several Tcl
> applications that use the core Tk widgets, the Tile theming package, the
> Bwidget set (great tree widget and listbox, which allows you to embed
> images), and tablelist (an extremely flexible muti-column listbox
> display).

I tried to look for a python-library when I started using
tablelist. The only link I found was quite dead.

I spent a day or two while learning how to do a minimal (i.e. only
those methods that I have needed) implementation from scratch :(
It seems to work quite well for my purposes.

> I've found Python wrappers for some of this stuff, but almost
> no documentation on how to use them

Is there sufficient documentation for the Tcl/Tk libraries that the
wrappers have been coded for? At least with Tkinter and Tix it is
usually quite obvious what is the corresponding python method if you
know the Tcl/Tk counterpart.

Jani Hakala