problem with the 'math' module in 2.5?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Oct 15 06:03:18 EDT 2006

"Paddy" <paddy3118 at netscape.net> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
> > Your calculator is probably doing rounding without you asking for
> > it.
> >
> > Python refuses to guess what you want, and gives you the
> > information available.
>
> I don't think Python should take too much credit here.

I don't understand what you could mean by this. Credit for "giv[ing]
you the information available"? That's exactly what it's doing.

> Floating point calcuations are subject to rounding. Sometimes it
> shows.

And Python is showing it, rather than hiding it. It certainly isn't
doing any rounding unless asked to do so.

--
 \         Legionnaire: "We have their leader captive!"  C泡r: "Is he |
  `\    bound?"  Legionnaire: "Of his health I know not, sir."  -- The |