HOST - Assembla Inc. Breakout - Copyright Violation by Mr. Andy Singleton

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri Oct 6 07:17:50 EDT 2006

Richard Brodie schrieb:
> "Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote in message
> news:4omn7jFfe26cU1 at uni-berlin.de...
>
>> This is on the same level of interest to the communities of python, ruby & java as the
>> color of my socks this morning - a deep black with cute little skulls imprinted.
>
> I did find Andy's claim that he expected contributors to sing a
> copyright transfer agreement somewhat unreasonable. It would
> depend on the tune though, I guess.

There are lots of people out there how require such things, and it might
even be for malicious reasons sometimes - not that I'm aware of that in
the current case, mind you! There are plenty of good reasons to do so as
well.

The point here is: nobody is forced to sign such agreement, breakout is
not an effort that has any importance for the python, let alone all
three communities, and this is a totally private matter between two
people. Maybe fellow co-developers are interested, but then there should
be an email list.

And as Illias has a history of postings that claim others post
containing irrelevant stuff - either to him, or in general - he is on
very thin ice here.

Diez