Using SVN with Python and .pyc files

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 13 04:06:38 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I have been moving to managing a lot of my code with SVN and I have
found it to work extremely well. However, I'm not exactly sure how to
deal with all of the .pyc files that get created every time I test a
project or package. How do people manage this? Do you run a script to
find files with the .pyc extension and delete those before every commit,
or is there a more elegant way? It seems like a lot of wasted bandwidth
an memory on the server side to constantly be dealing with these files
that contain no real information.

James