Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 15:53:53 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> Sure. But what's the similarity to the fiasco part of the BitKeeper fiasco?
>
> depends on what you consider being the cause of that fiasco.  I'm not
> sure it was quite as simple as people are trying to make it sound...
>
> (and your assertion that nobody but giovanni has made that connection is
> simply wrong)

You're right. It was. I was intentionally flip; partly to goad people into
making an actual case for Giovanni's fears, partly because I was tired and
wanted to go to bed, and partly for my own entertainment.

I promise to contain my flipness if anyone will make a real case that the two
situations are comparable. Surely, "this smells like the BitKeeper fiasco," is
rather more simplistic than how others are trying to make it sound. My Googling
brings up no argument more robust than that, either for the PSF or the ASF, and
the infrastructure list's archives are closed.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco