Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

lbolognini at gmail.com lbolognini at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 07:40:34 EDT 2006

Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> Does this smell "Bitkeeper fiasco" to anyone else than me?

I can't understand why people waste time arguing this stuff.

Use whatever tool is best at it's job... if it's not written in Python
it doesn't mean that Python is not good for the task, only that there
hasn't been any Python programmer that applied himself to the problem
hard enough.

And i dunno what the case against Trac is (it looks a fine tool for my
small projects) but probably it's not good enough for python.org

And BTW BitKeeper failed because Linus wanted to stop Tridge reverse
engineering BitKeeper, not because BK wasn't good.

Lorenzo