Observation on "Core Python Programming"

UrsusMaximus at gmail.com UrsusMaximus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 19:27:31 EST 2006

I must say I find Wesley Chun's explanations to be most understandable.
I cant' exactly figure out why yet, but he has a way of explaining
something, like, say, decorators, that in minimal words elucidates for
me the intent behind why they are useful. That helps me understand how
they work. I just finished reading the chapter on Functions for the
book, I guess I was partly prompted by this thread on the newsgroup. it
was a *very* quick read, I could scan quickly but gain a better
understanding of the whole topic of functions in Python, including
inner functions, closures, decorators, continuations, and coroutines.
Talk about bang for the buck, that half hour to 45 minutes of reading
new chapter in Wesley Chun's new book was the best investment of time i
have made in quite a while.

I really like this book. I really, really, really like it.

Ron Stephens