How to upgrade python from 2.4.3 to 2.4.4 ?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Oct 22 05:24:50 EDT 2006

Tony Meyer wrote:
>> At the moment SourceForge is only listing one (UK) mirror for  mingw, and
>> that seems to be down. I'm guessing something is broken, since I  know it
>> used to be much more widely available.
>

> Only one mirror (Kent) is available for any project.  It's been like
> this for nearly a day now, although the site status still hasn't
> changed from "online".  There are about 50 open tickets open about it
> (one would think that people that are able to find the sf.net tickets
> would be able to check for duplicates first...).

I see. Well, now you know why the PSF has continued to migrate away from
SourceForge. They are, at best, victims of their own success.

I found that a wget will, eventually, access the required files, albeit
after several retries - I'd be pretty annoyed about this state of
affairs if I were running the mirror at UKC.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119