ZODB and Python 2.5

Andrew McLean andrew-news at andros.org.uk
Sat Oct 21 18:36:59 EDT 2006

Robert Kern wrote:
> I would suggest, in order:
>
> 1) Look on the relevant mailing list for people talking about using ZODB
> with Python 2.5.

Been there, didn't find anything. Except that recently released versions
of Zope (2.9.5 and 2.10.0) aren't compatible with Python 2.5. [Being
pedantic 2.9.5 "doesn't work" under Python 2.5, 2.10.0 is merely
"unsupported".]

> 2) Just try it. Install Python 2.5 alongside 2.4, install ZODB, run the
> test suite.

Now if ZODB had been pure Python, or I was using a Unix(ish) platform I
would have tried that. Getting set up to compile C extensions under
Windows is a bit too much hassle. I can wait ;-).