IDE that uses an external editor?

Jorge Godoy jgodoy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 07:10:16 EDT 2006

Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> writes:

> Attempting to bring this discussion back on topic: Emacs has a few
> python modes also.  There is the basic python-mode which does
> everything expected of a major-mode.  Syntax colouring, indentation
> that sort of thing.  There is also IM-Python for code navigation, and
> bycycle repair man for refactoring support.  You can run stuff at the
> interactive python prompt from within emacs.

Besides, even though PyDev's indentation got a little better it isn't as smart
as Emacs'.  Being a language where indentation matters, I find Emacs much more
productive and this only feature is a major problem to "migrate" from Emacs to
Eclipse.

But, who knows when Eclipse gets better it will have the power needed to
implement the same set of indentation rules...

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy at gmail.com>