Tkinter--does anyone use it for sophisticated GUI development?

Paul Rubin http
Fri Oct 20 20:58:13 EDT 2006

greg <greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:
> Have you seen PyGUI? It's my attempt at creating a GUI toolkit for
> Python that doesn't suck. I'd be interested to know if you think
> I've come anywhere near to succeeding.
>
> http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/

I hadn't seen it.  I just spent a couple minutes looking at the docs.
I didn't really get that much sense of what it's like.  I may look at
it some more later.  However, like tkinter, it seems pretty low level.
I do like that it doesn't rely on the user knowing anything about a
completely separate language, in order to program the gui from Python.