What's the best IDE?

Hakusa at gmail.com Hakusa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 19:50:04 EDT 2006

> I don't really have a good answer here, but maybe a data point.  I got
> tired of waiting for ActiveState to put out a Python 2.5 and installed
> the one from python.org instead, which doesn't include PythonWin.  I
> figured that I should take the opportunity to try out Komodo, which I'd
> heard was pretty good.  I downloaded the alpha and used it for about
> half a month.  Komodo's interface is pretty good, and when you're
> writing code in a module, the auto-completion is great, but there's no
> auto-completion at the interactive prompt.  I use the interactive prompt
> heavily, so that was pretty much the end of it for me. I downloaded the
> pywin32 module and got my PythonWin back. =)
>
> STeVe

Komodo sounds alright. I don't use the interactive promt much anyway, I
usually just copy and past stuff from my real code to see if it works.

Any more advocates?
I forgot to mention that auto-completion is my favorite little helper.
Any IDEs of astronomical proportions in relation to ease of use to
auto-completion?

Also:
Links to what you suggest?