[Q]An error with my module in C

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:35:05 CEST 2006

Jia,Lu wrote:
> hello,all.
>   I wrote a module in C as below, BUT msg() method cannot work
> allright.
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <python2.4/Python.h>

This isn't related to your error, but you should include Python.h before other
headers, and it should be just this:

#include "Python.h"

distutils will make sure the include path is correct.

> static PyObject *Roka_msg(PyObject *self,PyObject *args)
> {
> 	printf("Roka Python lib. Version 1.0\n");
> }

You actually need to return a PyObject* here. Specifically, you want to return
None after incrementing its reference count:

   return Py_None;

Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco