Running scripts in a sandbox

Samuel knipknap at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:43:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

I currently have two files:

core.py
  Runs the application, provides APIs to plugins

untrusted-plugin.py
  Executes code using the API from core.py

I would like to run the code of untrusted-plugin.py in a sandbox, but
still provide it with some hooks to the core API.
My environment does not allow me to apply any changes OS-wise (standard
web hoster), so I have no way to run the plugin in another process.

I found a reference to rexec using Google, but apparently it was
removed due to security issues in Python 2.3. Is there antoher way to
do this?

Thanks,
-Samuel