CONSTRUCT - Adding Functionality to the Overall System

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:49:39 EDT 2006

(I don't believe I am responding to a notorious troll ...)

One (bad) solution is to write in your sitecustomize.py the following:

$ echo /usr/lib/python/sitecustomize.py
import __builtin__

class Object(object):
    def debug(self):
        print 'some debug info'

__builtin__.object = Object

then you can do for instance

>>> class C(object): pass
>>> C().debug()
some debug info

All class inheriting from object will have the additional debug method.
However I DO NOT
RECOMMEND THIS SOLUTION FOR ANY SERIOUS WORK. For instance, it broke my
IPython installation and I am pretty sure it will broke other things
too.
But it may work for debugging purposes, if not for production use, so I
thought it was worth
posting.

       Michee Simionato