[ANN] XPN 0.6.5 released
nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Tue Sep 12 22:15:58 CEST 2006
XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
support. It is written with Python+GTK. It has features like
scoring/actions, X-Face and Face decoding, muting of quoted text,
newsrc import/export, find article and search in the body, spoiler
char/rot13, random taglines and configurable attribution lines.
You can find it on:
Changes in this release:
* v0.6.5: now is possible to customize the keyboad shortcuts. XPN will also
check for duplicated shortcuts
* v0.6.5: added a new way to show threads, now is possible to put the
threads expander in the From column
* v0.6.5: now is possible to subscribe a group writing its name manually
so you don't have to download the groups list
* v0.6.5: now is possible to limit the number of articles headers to
download with the Get New Headers function
* v0.6.5: now is possible to choose the headers to show in the Article Pane,
and the background color of this area now is customizable
* v0.6.5: added two new layouts for the main window
* v0.6.5: now is possible to re-apply the scoring/action rules on the
articles you have already downloaded.
* v0.6.5: fixed a bug in the Config Window that caused XPN not to change the
color for URLs.
* v0.6.5: fixed a bug that caused XPN not open the next article when the
first thread was selected and collapsed
* v0.6.5: fixed a bug in the View Parent function
* v0.6.5: fixed a bug in the Export Newsrc function, that caused ad crash
trying to export groups with 0 articles inside.
XPN is translated in Italian French and German, if you'd like to translate it
in your language and you are familiar with gettext and po-files
editing please contact me (xpn at altervista.org).
I got real close to seeing Elvis, but my shovel broke.
|\ | |HomePage : http://nem01.altervista.org
| \|emesis |XPN (my nr): http://xpn.altervista.org
More information about the Python-list